DaVinci Eye Care is open for your medical and emergency needs. We have expanded our policies in order to comply with CDC guidelines in order to keep you and our staff safe and comfortable.
Here are some of the changes that we have put in place in order to keep you safe.
- Office Cleaning – We’ve had our offices deep cleaned and sanitized.
- Hand Sanitizer – We’ve installed additional Purell dispensers so that you’ll be able to sterilize your hands after each time you have contact with a door handle.
- Temperature Checks – We’ll be taking your temperature upon check-in. Any patient, or patient caregiver, with a temperature of 100 degrees or higher will be asked to reschedule. We’ll also be taking our own team’s temperature. Each staff member and doctor will have their temperature taken upon entering the building. Our staff and our patients will be given a blue circular sticker to wear on their left side to indicate that their temperature was taken and that it was less than 100 degrees. if their temperature is 100 degrees or higher, they’ll be asked to leave.
- Virtual Medical Eye Exams – We will continue to offer virtual eye exams as an alternative to in-person exams. The exams are conducted using video conferencing. It is user friendly, private, and insurance recognized. Patients have really enjoyed this experience.
- Parking Lot Waiting – We ask that you wait in your car until our team is ready to take you back. Just call our office when you arrive in order to check-in over the phone. We have instituted a one patient per exam room protocol to minimize your exposure and maximized social distancing.
- Fewer Surfaces – We’ve removed many tables and chairs from our waiting spaces to minimize the surfaces that hands can touch.
- Cleaning Technicians – We’ve designated each staff member zones to clean and disinfect between patients and throughout the day.
- Masks- We’ll be wearing masks to protect all in our presence from the aerosol spread of that can be transferred by breath, coughing, or sneezing. At the same time, we ask that our patients wear masks when in the building as well.
- Microscope – We have installed breath barriers on our exam room microscope. This will allow the doctor to be able to still examine the inside of your eye thoroughly while keeping you safe.
- Gloves – Technicians, doctors, and staff will wear gloves on an as-needed basis to help keep you and our team safe
- Limiting Occupants – We will encourage family and friends who accompany the patient to wait in the parking lot. There will be exceptions made to this where caregivers are needed.
- Masks/Scarves – We would like you to wear a mask, scarf, or bandana to cover your nose and mouth to all of your appointments.
- Front desk shields – We have added a clear shield at our front desk to act as a barrier between our staff and our patients.
As per Governor Wolf, we will be closed until March 23 except for emergencies by appointment only. Please call our normal office number for instructions on how to get in contact with a doctor. We take this decision very seriously, and feel it is in the best interest of our patients and staff. Please watch our Facebook and Instagram for further information.
At this time, DaVinci Eye care will continue to be open. We will be enacting new policies in order to properly care for our patients and staff. We continue to follow all CDC guidelines regarding disinfection.
If you meet any of the criteria below, PLEASE DO NOT enter the office. Call us to discuss your case further and we will make every effort to address your eye care concerns and needs without risking transmission of any infection.
- If you have traveled outside the U.S. in the past 4 weeks
- If you are experiencing any upper respiratory signs and/or symptoms (cough, shortness of breath, fever)
- If you have been in ANY contact with anyone known to have COVID-19 or who are being tested for COVID-19
In addition, we will be spacing appointments out in order to comply with the suggested "social distancing" policy in place by Governor Wolf. We ask that no additional family members come to appointments unless absolutely necessary. Upon entering the office, please either wash your hands or use the hand sanitizer available at the front desk.
All visits to the office must be by appointment only, including glasses/contact lens pick-ups. Please contact us for details regarding options to mail out your glasses/contact lens order.
Thank you for your understanding during this very challenging time.
The DaVinci Eye Care Staff